The bond that a brother and sister share is unmatchable. This bond is unique, beautiful, and filled with pure love and genuine care. No matter what happens between siblings, like they may fight with each other over the tiniest things (and even one of them often tells the other one that he/she is adopted). However, they can fight with the rest of the world for each other. Because they feel protective for each other, and siblings are best known for making a powerful team. As they grow old together, siblings become each other’s confidants, and also they develop a pretty different language that only they can understand (laughs).
This year, we are celebrating this auspicious festival today, on August 3, 2020. As the words describe itself, “Raksha” means protection (Sanskrit word), and “Bandhan” means a bond. Which means this festival is to celebrate the bond of safeguard, love and commitment between a brother and his sister. To celebrate this festival, the sister ties “Rakhi” on the wrist of the brother, which acts as a reminder for him to protect and honour his family, especially his sister.
Due to the pandemic, if you are missing out on physically celebrating this festival with your siblings, then you can send some beautiful and heart-warming collection of Rakshabandhan wishes, to your siblings. We have a selection of some of these wishes, which you can share with your siblings to make up for the occasion. Happy Raksha Bandhan! Quotes and Messages to share with siblings
- On this Rakhi, let’s bring back the lively spirit of childhood, play pranks with each other and become that wacky sibling we were always. Happy Raksha Bandhan
- We disagree. We fight. We argue. But my love for you is eternal. Happy Raksha Bandhan to you dear sister.
- I have always confided in you and you have always given me the freedom to do so many amazing things in my life. Happy Raksha Bandhan Bhaiya!
- One thing I never forget to pray to God is – to protect my sweet sister from all the evil and give her the world of happiness. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- It’s a promise of your brother that no matter what, I will always support and love you. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- I feel proud to have a sister like you. Be the same strong-minded girl always!! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Your happiness is my world my baby sister!! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Life is beautiful because of you my darling sister.
- You are the luckiest boy because you have a sister like me. Happy Raksha Bandhan bro!
- You are the best gift that I received from my parents. Love you so much brother! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- My darling brother, I know I fight with you a lot, but today, at an auspicious occasion of Raksha Bandhan, I just want to tell you that you are my world and being your sister is an honor to me.
- I have the loveliest and sweetest brother in this world. Thanks for being the best one!! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- This Raksha Bandhan, I pray to God to give my handsome brother good health, long life, the world of happiness, positivity, peace and all that he desires for. Happy Raksha Bandhan to my lovely brother!!
- No one can love, respect, tease, protect and understand me as you do my good-looking brother. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Sending you a thread of love which will bind our heart and life and makes our bond of togetherness stronger. Happy Raksha Bandhan! Wishing you a very Happy Raksha Bandhan!!
- A brother is the best friend you receive from the universe. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- When you tie Rakhi on my wrist and when every time I see it, this reminds me of all the lovely memories we had together. Happy Raksha Bandhan dear sister!
- Dear Brother, on this Raksha Bandhan I wish to say that you are the best brother, and you mean to me the whole world. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- We might not be together on this Raksha Bandhan, but that doesn’t change my love for you. I promise to always take care of you and protect you. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.” ― Esther M. Friesner, Nobody’s Princess
- “To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other’s hearts. We’ve shared private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.” – Clara Ortega
- “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” – Vietnamese Proverb
- “We shared parents, home, pets, celebrations, catastrophes, secrets. And the threads of our experience became so interwoven that we are linked. I can never be utterly lonely, knowing you share the planet.” – Pam Brown
- Dear bhaiya, you are being missed. Love you to the moon and back.. Happy Rakhi. Come home soon and we will celebrate!
- Phoolon ka taron ka sabka kehna hain, Ek hazaaron mein meri Behna hain. Wish you a Happy Rakhi Behen!